CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Living with Cable

I have been watching a lot of cable these last few days. I'm on cable overload. We don't have cable at our home so when I get a week or two to watch some of my favorite channels I go all out. I have been addicted to Food Network, Discovery, Travel Channel, and cartoons. At our home we get 3 channels that come in downstairs and we get possibly 5 up stairs. At home I watch a lot of CW needless to say, the rest of the channels are MyNDY(?), and 2 of the regular local channels. So now that we are on vacation I am overloading on cable.

Today Tom and I went to the crazy world of Pain-In-The Butt*Mart. OMG was that placed packed! I hate the one we go to. It's dirty and it smells like arm pits EWWW! Any how we needed a few items for dinner and we parked right in front of this car with this cool vanity plate.
How cool is this person :) I want a vanity plate that says "Smell My Yarn!" instead of "Eat My Dust". I like to smell yarn.

This is what we had for dinner tonight.
Two different Chicken Wings. One was Buffalo Chicken from Franks Red Hot Sauce with Butter mix together and the other is Teriyaki. I make my own Teriyaki Sauce.

Teriyaki Sauce:

1/2 Cup Granulate Sugar
1/2 Cup Lite Soy Sauce (You can use regular if you like)
1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Clove of Garlic, Minced
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger ( I use McCormick)
Shake of Red Pepper Flakes to Taste
1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
1 Tablespoon Cold water

Mix the First 6 ingredient's in a bowl. In a smaller bowl or cup wisk Cornstarch and water together until combined. Add to the other ingredients. Wisk all together. Add to a sauce pan and cook until sugar dissolves(medium to low heat). Please be careful this will be hot. Put onto meat or veggies and let sit for a few until cooled enough to eat. You can also sauté this with all your meats and veggies in a pan/wok. You can double,triple, quadruple this recipe. I usually double and it's plenty for a 5lb bag of wings.

With Dinner we had Homemade Potato salad, and Fresh Green Beans. It was a delicious meal. The reason for the two different Wing sauce's are that Tom loves the Buffalo Wing Sauce and I can't eat it at all. I have extremely bad Acid Reflux. So I figured I loved Teriyaki and that's what I make for me :).

OMG! Have you seen that show called BBC America-Britain's Worst Teeth? I have good teeth, I brush my teeth 2 times a day (I know, I know 3 times but I always forget after lunch) and check constantly for any problems. This show had me scrubbing my teeth for 20 minutes and swearing never to eat sugar again after watching it. UGH!!!! My mouth is killing me today from such a scrubbing, but I don't care I feel better and I know that I have clean teeth. I know some people can't help it but I can make sure that I take care of my mouth and believe me after watching that show I am going to be my Dentist's number one customer.



CHICKEN! WHERE?

Well now that I have spread some love I am off to oogle some more Cable T.V. If you see a chunky Mexican Chick stumbling around with wide open eyes you'll know it's me from being CableZombified. Have a great evening :)

0 comments: