CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hop Along

Well yesterday was a interesting day. First off I woke up and checked my mail and I got Two packages!!!! One was from my Swap on a Budget Spoiler. Wooohooo!!! Her name is Julia or juliebie on Ravelry.


I can't believe how lucky I was to get such a wonderful and talented Spoiler. She handmade the stitch markers. How? I don't know but they are so cool. I love the ones that have my dogs names or nicknames on them but I love the "butt nuggets" one the best. It's my favorite saying. I also love the Linen Handkerchiefs. I am going to try embroidering them soon. The Tea is wonderful I had a cup as soon as I opened the package. I love the Black Cherry Berry. I can't wait to try the Country Peach Passion. She also sent some beautiful Flower seeds. The one packet is from her state and next year I am going to make sure those are in the front of the garden for all to see.
On back of the Linen Handkerchief's there is a Recipe Card on "Basic Socks Recipe by Stephanie Pearl McPhee" I can't wait to try it out and make some awesome socks from the two skeins of Pink Patons Kroy Sock yarn she sent. There was also a skein of Noro Silk Garden Lite Colorway 2010. I have never used Noro before and I got a few sample type sizes from a RAK (soknitpicky)
but now I have a whole skein to myself and I am not sure what I want to make yet. I am thinking either a Calorimetry or a cabled hat. Hmmmm. I just love the fact that I have a choice here with this yarn. Lastly she also sent a very lovely card and I plan on framing it with all the other cards, or postcards people off Ravelry have sent me.

Next up I received an awesome RAK from pretywtch or Jeannie from Ravelry. I am still in awe from her generosity.

She sent me 5 different fabrics. They are gorgeous and I am in love with the Lime Green satiny type stuff. The yardage is amazing on all of them. They will all be awesome as needle rolls or
purse linings. Next she sent 2 vintage crochet magazines. I collect these when I can find them. I got a whole butt load from a thrift shop a while back for cheap and I have been collecting them ever since. I think they have the neatest patterns in them and it doesn't take much to make them into a more up to date design. She also added in some really neat Knitted Sweater pattern booklets and there was also a postcard from her that I am going to add to my photos on the wall.

I don't know how to express the fact that all of these People that have RAK'd me or have been so caring with their Swap packages have made a extreme impact in my life. I have always been one of those people that believe there is wonderful and good Karma in life. I have always treated others how I would like to be treated and I am a very polite and kind person. I give my love and prayers to those that need it. I Thank each and everyone who has treated me with such generosity and kindness deeply from the bottom of my heart and soul. You have enriched my life more than you can ever know.

Onto a new topic Frogs! Yesterday I went out my patio door to look at the sky as it was churning from a storm coming in and I left the door open a bit. I turned around to go get my camera and I saw something dark on the floor by the table. You see I am SCARED to death of spiders! I can't handle being around them and I a freeze up if there is a huge one near me. I have been known to just avoid a room if there is one in there. Well anyhow I thought what was on the floor was a spider. I wasn't sure so I poked it a bit with a piece of paper and it Hopped! It was Ted the Frog or Toad(this is what I named the little fella). Ted decided he wanted to join our household and hopped under my table. I chased him down and caught him. I wanted to get a picture of the little guy so I went over and grabbed the camera. As I was turning it on Ted hopped out of my hand and landed on my chair. Ted must of had to go potty because he whizzed all over it. I then had to chase Mr. Ted for about 5 minutes while he tried to make a break for it once again. I caught him again and he whizzed all over me this time. I took Ted outside and took his picture and released him back into the wild (or into my garden). I washed my hands thoroughly afterwards. He's a cute little guy huh?



Well I am off to do housecleaning Daisy has left a pile of fur from her rolling all over the carpet.


Have a great day :)

0 comments: